Sunday, July 13, 2014

Eating Your Way Through Jerusalem

I think we can all agree that one of the greatest aspects of traveling is the food! I sure have enjoyed that aspect while I’ve been living in Israel. This blog post will include a list of restaurants that you’ll have to check out if you ever travel to Jerusalem. I hope I can make your mouth water and amplify your appetite! Enjoy this culinary journey through Jerusalem:

Burgers Bar
Whoever says a kosher burger just isn’t the same as a classic cheeseburger, needs to try Burgers Bar! It will put any other burger joint to shame. This gourmet burger restaurant serves lamb burgers, beef burgers, and a house special “spicy” burger. The unique element of Burgers Bar is the multitude of sauces you can choose from to enhance your burger, including chimichurri, pesto, and spicy mayo. Along with the burgers, this restaurant serves other entrees. A favorite of mine is the schnitzel salad and steak salad. You’ll definitely get your fix of protein with a combination of the salad and burger (pictured below).



New Deli
This sandwich place could not be more different than your average Subway. I ate at New Deli twice and both times left me with a satisfied tummy. I decorated my New Deli steak sandwich with chimichurri sauce and charif, an Israeli spicy sauce. Make sure if you ever order this sauce to say, “k’tzat, k’tzat!” In Hebrew, that means “a little.” Trust me, a little goes along way with charif! Another sandwich I ate consisted of New Deli’s double meat option, in which I chose corned beef and roast beef. Delicious!



Waffle Bar
If you’re in the mood for dessert, Waffle Bar is the place to go! This restaurant serves a slew of waffles. From Nutella to white chocolate flavor, Waffle Bar has created killer combos to satisfy anyone’s waffle desire. My bold craving urged me to choose the Oreo cookies and cream waffle. What a great decision that was! The cold cookies and cream ice cream with Oreo pieces on top of the warm waffle was a sweet sensation.


Budget Option:
Cofizz
With five shekels, you can buy any item in the café! The iced coffee they offer is a classic in Israel. It’s similar to a Starbucks frappuccino, but more slushy and with a flavor that keeps you coming back!

Shalom for now!


-Camille Pilar Phillips

No comments:

Post a Comment